2019 IP Video Contest
IS NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS
Win a cash prize or scholarship!
Take a look at last year's winners!
- 13-15 Years
- 16-18 Years
- 19 Years & Over
Patent Man saves the day when three Intellectual Property Pirates try to steal a scientist's original invention!
This short film is an attempt to show a world without some patented items that we take for granted every day.
Video Camera Phone Invention
Show us how intellectual property fuels your passions!
CREATE A 30-60 SECOND VIDEO:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of intellectual property
– Think: Inventor, Copyright Date, Patent Number
- Make it personal! WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- Be Creative!
– Your video can be anything: a song, dance, skit… don’t hold back!
Enter & Win
- 16+ Years Old Category: (2) $5,000 PRIZES (choice of scholarship or cash prize)
- Enter for Charity Category: (1) $5,000 CASH PRIZE to DONATE to a charity of your choice
- Most Facebook Likes Category: All finalist videos are eligible for a $1,500 CASH PRIZE for the most Facebook likes received. This can be regardless of or in addition to winning another category
- Click here for official rules
Think about your favorite technology, sports team, or fast food chain. Intellectual property can be found all around us from the sign above the café you went to last week to the phone that you have with you at all times. There are four types of IP: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Did you know that many soda companies keep their recipes private? This is considered a trade secret! What about the cell phone you use every day? It has loads of patented inventions inside of it to make the phone function the way it does! There are intellectual property rights for many things including: music, literature, and artistic works; discoveries and inventions; and words, phrases, symbols, and designs. What intellectual property do you know?
Free curriculum and presentations are available for your use! Encourage your students to explore the importance of the patent system!
Special Thanks to 2019 IP Video Contest Sponsors!