Voting is now open!
Vote for your favorite by 31 August!
Congratulations 2017 IP Video Contest Winners!
- 13-15 Years
- 16-18 Years
- 19 Years & Over
A Patent Dimension
American Girl Stopmotion
Living with Patents
Best Invention: Tennis Balls
We think the world is a better place because of intellectual property
And we believe you can help us spread the message by creating a 60 second video about the importance of IP!
We want your video to go viral! Get creative. Be unique. Teach the world something interesting about patents, trademarks, or copyrights!
- 13-15 Years Old: $3,000 CASH PRIZE
- 16-18 Years Old: $7,500 SCHOLARSHIP
- 19+ Years Old: $7,500 CASH PRIZE
- New category as of 2018: $5,000 CASH PRIZE to DONATE to a charity of your choice
- All finalist videos are eligible for a $2,000 CASH PRIZE for the most Facebook likes received. This can be regardless of or in addition to winning another category
- Learn more about each prize under Rules
Think about your favorite technology, sports team, or fast food chain. Intellectual property can be found all around us from the sign above the café you went to last week to the phone that you have with you at all times. There are 4 types of IP: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Did you know that many soda companies keep their recipes private? This is considered a trade secret! What about the cell phone you use every day? It has loads of patented inventions inside of it to make the phone function the way it does! There are many more forms of intellectual property including: music, literature, and artistic works; discoveries and inventions; and words, phrases, symbols, and designs. What intellectual property do you know?
Free curriculum and presentations are available for your use! Encourage your students to explore the importance of the patent system!
Special Thanks to 2018 IP Video Contest Sponsors!